- Welcome Center
- Get Involved
- How to Join
- Prayer Ministry
- Music Ministry
- Youth Ministries
- Children’s Ministries
- Adult Ministries
- Register for Events
We are all children of God, we are all special, and we are called to help one another...
2nd Saturday of each month
5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Each month, we open the church for special needs children and their siblings to come to Holy Covenant while their parents have a night out. Few of us know what it is like to raise a special needs child, yet there are many in our community who have a child with special needs. Kids want to know they have value and purpose! Special needs children CAN have a personal knowledge of Jesus Christ! Jesus dealt with many people with disabilities — his inclusive methods aim us at the most important part of our friends — their souls.
Important Information for Parents and Volunteers:
- For more information, please email Jason Redick or call him at 972-824-5847.
- Ages – We currently take children with special needs ages Infant through 5th grade. Siblings can be ages infant through 13 years old.
- Activities – There are a variety of activities, including arts and crafts, manipulatives, puzzles, books, and pretend centers. There is always a children's video on for those children needing to sit quietly. Seasonal activities are available throughout the year.
- Food – Pizza and drinks are available for any child needing to eat. Children can also bring their own food. If your child has dietary restrictions, please make sure we are aware of it.
- Paperwork – Parents should make sure all appropriate paperwork is completed prior to leaving their children. Any new allergies or changes in the child’s care should be noted from month to month. An emergency contact number must be left each time a child attends.
- Toileting Policy – Children will be taken to the restroom as needed during the evening. Children in diapers or pull-ups will be changed as necessary and in the case of an accident. However, volunteers will not be asked to change a child in heavily soiled underwear/clothes unless they choose to. Parents may be contacted should their assistance be needed.
- Medication – If medication must be administered during the evening, it must be brought to the program in the original containers with the label intact.
Thank You, Volunteers!
This program is staffed by volunteers from Holy Covenant who feel led to share the love of Jesus with these children and their families. The volunteers are continually blessed by their involvement with Harvey’s Kids.Thanks be to God for each of the volunteers and the Harvey’s Kids families that give us the privilege of caring for their most precious possessions!
There is a core group of volunteers, but more volunteers are always welcome and needed! If you are interested in volunteering, but can only do it for one month, let us know which month — we’d love for you to spend time with us. Volunteers should arrive by 5:45 p.m. so we can go over the needs of the children and make any last minute adjustments to the rooms. This ministry will not only make a difference in the life of these families, but in your life as well. If you have any questions, please contact Jason Redick or call him at 972-824-5847.