What is Happening This Week 5/16-5/19
Open Forum with Pastor Carol
Thursday, May 16
6 to 8 pm in the sanctuary
Pastor Carol will once again be available for those unable to attend the Holy Conversations to answer questions, review various materials and to help in this challenging but vital work.
Parents’ Night Out
Friday, May 17
6 to 9 pm in the Covenant Center
Ages Infant – 5th Grade. Reserve a place for your child at hcumc.org. You may drop off and pick up children anytime during the designated hours. Cost is $10 per child; $25 max per family.
Sunday, May 19
Immediately following worship in the Choir Room
If you are currently an usher, or would like to usher, please come for this quick training. Contact Leanne Seabright [email protected] with any questions.
Holy Conversation & Catered Lunch
Sunday, May 19
Immediately following worship in the Covenant Center
We will consider the proposal for Holy Covenant to host all weddings, as well as other ways of responding to the decisions made at General Conference, to reveal God’s desire for our community to make a difference in the lives of others. There is no set charge for lunch, but donations will be appreciated.
6:00 PM Open Forum with Pastor Carol-sanctuary
6:30 PM Children’s Formation-EB207
6:30 PM ReFit-CC
6:00 PM Parents Night Out-CC
9:00 AM C.O.D.A.-202EB
9:00 AM GS Troop 3961 & 8905 Bridging/Award Ceremony-CC
2:30 PM Recital-sanctuary
9:00 AM Sunday School for All Ages
10:30 AM WORSHIP SERVICE
11:45 AM Usher Training – Choir Room
11:45 AM Holy Conversation & Catered Lunch-CC
Sunday Highlights – May 19, Fifth Sunday of Easter, Confirmation
Sherry Dunn and Randy Lasley
Tim Shepardson and Ted Ditty
Next Week’s Highlights
Tuesday, May 21 at 7 pm in the sanctuary
We will present and call to a vote the proposal before us to host all weddings at Holy Covenant UMC.
Sack Summer Hunger
Begins Saturday, June 1
Church Work Day
Saturday, June 1 from 9 am to 1 pm
Youth Car Wash
Sunday, June 2
2019: A Year in the Bible
Feel like you’ve missed the boat on reading the Bible in chronological order? Don’t! You can jump right in in any of the following ways:
1. Download the free Bible app by You Version. This link should take you to the group from Holy Covenant that are doing this reading together: Invitation.
2. You can use the link above on-line as well. If you don’t want to be connected to others you can just go to bible.com. Go to plans and search The One Year Chronological Bible.
3. You can listen to The One Year Chronological Bible through Audible.com at Audiobook or you can download the app and listen to it on your phone.
4. You can buy a The One Year Chronological Bible in book form through Amazon at Amazon or download it to your Kindle or E-Reader.
5. You can use any Bible you want and follow this print out that tells you what scriptures to read each day: Reading Plan.
Support Holy Covenant While You Shop
You can support Holy Covenant while you shop. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to your favorite charitable organization. To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile. Select Holy Covenant United Methodist Church to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.