Surveying Your Life
As we roll out this new discipleship plan, it’s important for us to take an inventory of where we are so that we might know where we need to grow. This mini assessment is designed to help you identify the strengths in your life and encourage you to grow in other areas. This is for you and your family as you examine what it means to do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with God.
Instructions: Answer each question in each corresponding color block. Count a white circle for every time you answer Yes. When you are done, see in what areas you are strongest and in which areas you can grow. Scroll down to see suggested Ways to Engage.
- Is attending worship a priority for you and your family?
- Do you make a point to greet someone you do not know during the Greeting time?
- In the past 6 months, have you invited someone to attend worship?
- Do you give generously as you are financially able?
- Do you engage your spirituality in some way each week?
- Is serving others a priority in your life?
- Do you create intentional time in your schedule to volunteer?
- Will you commit to investing in the work and mission of the church?
- Have you volunteered with or donated to one of our church missions?
- Have you served the church on a committee in the last 3 years?
- Do you know the people who sit around you in worship?
- Do you share your authentic self with our church community?
- In the past 6 months, have you shared a meal with another person or family from this church?
- Do you regularly attend church activities outside of Sunday mornings?
- Do you feel connected as an active member of this church community?
- Do you regularly engage scripture on your own?
- Do you belong to a Sunday school class?
- Do you consider learning and personal growth priorities in your life?
- Do you intentionally engage opinions and views that differ from your own?
- Have you participated in a Bible study, Micah Sunday program, or other study in the past year?
Ways to Engage
Sunday Worship – Every Sunday morning at 10:30 am
Lead Worship – Join choir, praise team, handbells, or serve communion
Tuesday Take 5 – Tuesdays at noon, join Laulie Eckeberger on Facebook Live for a spiritual message
Stewardship – Pick up a pledge card and complete your estimate of giving
Austin Street Shelter – Bring food and/or serve October 28 & 29
Food Pantry & Clothes Closet – Volunteer or donate food and clothes for our community
Serve the Church – Provide leadership for our community by serving on a committee
Angel Tree – Adopt a child at Christmas and provide gifts and pajamas to brighten their holiday
Family Game Night – Every 4th Friday, come for dinner and games
Sunday Night Dinners – Share a meal with 6-8 others at a member’s house and get to know your church family
Courage Over Comfort Study Group – Sign up to read Brene Brown’s Daring Greatly with others
Fall Festival – Build community with food, fun, and Trunk or Treat
Sunday School – Share life, grow in faith, and study together in one of 6 classes Sundays at 9:15 am
Bible Study with Pastor Cheryl – Join Pastor Cheryl Wednesdays at 9:30 am for a study of Luke
Enneagram Group – Learn more about yourself and others with a 6-week series on the Enneagram
Advocates for Justice & Peace – Join the Advocates for Micah Sundays and Zoom monthly meetings every 1st Tuesday