NOW HIRING: Director of Music
This position will start in January 2023!
Holy Covenant United Methodist Church, Carrollton, TX, seeks a Choir Director. The ideal candidate is one who desires, seeks, and commits to our mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Secondly, the candidate must have experience in leading adult choirs, supporting youth and children’s choirs, and selecting sacred music. The candidate must exhibit a heart for worship in the 21st century.
Please send resume to Rev. Cheryl Murphy [email protected]
- Willingness to grow in personal discipleship so that worship leadership, music selection, choir member faith development and congregational worship participation becomes an intentional first step in the process of Discipleship Formation.
- Desire to work as a team member with staff and church members to create a worship experience that moves people from being “performed for” into being “participants of” worshipping God.
- Evidence of skill in selecting and conducting appropriate sacred music.
- Excellent organizational skills, including advanced planning, consistency, responsibility, accountability, and punctuality.
Participation in two weekly Sunday worship services 8:30 & 10:30 & evening services during Advent, Lent, Holy Week.
- Participating in on a worship planning team involving clergy, staff, and laity.
- Musical suggestions of hymns, anthems, and participation following the worship theme.
- Leading the musical portions of the service.
- Confidently leading and encouraging congregational singing and worship participation.
Music Ministry Responsibilities:
- Adult Choir Leadership (On site requirements – Wednesdays/4 hours; Sundays/3 hours; some flexibility with other liturgical seasons)
- Wesley Choir is an adult vocal choir who leads worship each week with an anthem. This requires music selection, weekly Wednesday night rehearsals, and Sunday morning warmup and worship leadership.
- Hand Bell Choir is an adult handbell choir who leads worship on a scheduled basis. During the school year there are weekly Wednesday night rehearsals preparing for when the bells play in worship.
- Coordinating with accompanist
- Organizing Praise Team occasional worship appearance.
- Youth & Children’s Music Ministry
- Children’s Music is part of our Sunday Morning curriculum during the Sunday School hour preparing to participate in worship every six weeks.
- Facilities and Resource Management
- Oversee the maintenance of the choral libraries
- Organize and maintain the choir room and closets
- Keep accurate records of music ministry expenses and work with Director of Finance to manage budget.
- Communication Responsibilities
- Choir emails, newsletters, and such to keep the adults informed of music selections, rehearsals, and worship leadership events.
Holy Covenant UMC
“Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before his presence with singing.”
The Music Ministry at Holy Covenant is a place for fellowship and for all to grow, learn and serve through music. Singing in a choir at Holy Covenant is an opportunity to lead and enliven the congregational song and offer music to deepen the worship experience for congregants and choir members themselves!
If you enjoy singing, we welcome you!
Click the links in the Music Ministry menu to see our offerings.
Prayer for True Singing
Glorious God, source of joy and righteousness, enable us as redeemed and forgiven children evermore to rejoice in singing your praises. Grant that what we sing with our lips, we may believe in our hearts, and what we believe in our hearts, we may practice in our lives;
so that being doers of the Word and not hearers only,
we may receive everlasting life; through Jesus Christ, our Lord.